Granny's playlist


Welcome to Blogs Over Easy, my review of blogs that inspired me, moved me, enticed me to act. Well, I didn't get in much reading this week so I don't have any feature blogs. I'll be enjoying a blog hopping marathon this weekend.

While I haven't returned to my part-time gig, there is plenty of activity in my life. I have a grand baby on the way, and the role of granny has shifted me into high-gear mommy mode. Yes, I know I'm not the mommy-to-be (thank Maude) but the idea of a new baby has me constantly think of my baby: how do I support her, prepare her for this life-altering change (and let's keep it real, how do I adapt for this change)? I'm busy coordinating my schedules so I can go to doctor visits, making her meals, shopping for baby, reading parenting materials and chiding, I mean having discussions with DD about how she shifts her schedule and priorities. I don't know what will be more challenging for DD: being a new mom or being the DD of a new granny.

Thursday, my baby turned 18. Well, you all know my cake fiasco for DH so I'm not making the same mistake. Off to the market to get cake stuff. Yeah, stuff because making a cake is the equilvant of a disaster waiting to happen. Does it really matter what caused it when it blows up?

In the meantime I want to share what else inspires me. You all know that writing, food and visual arts inspire me. This morning, I want to share my inspiration for what's in the queque this weekend. Hope you enjoy the music.






What moved you this week? Need a little blog lovin? Drop a link to what you've read or written.

Happy blog hoppin,


Join us

Comments

  1. I read tons of books and blog posts. The most inspiring/moving thing I've stumbled upon this week is a 2012 graduation speech by Neil Gaiman. It's 20 minutes long, but definitely worth checking out. Karen

    http://www.onbeing.org/blog/neil-gaiman-says-it-better-video/5996


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chef, Gaiman fan here. Will listen. Thanks for dropping the link.

      Delete
  2. I love the song choices... so pretty. I'm impressed (but not surprised) by how quickly you've warmed to your new surprise role-- you got grit, girl! :D Congrats on being a grandma-to-be, and here's hoping that the little one is just as courageous in the face of change as her grammy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rarasaur, Oh I wanted to flip out. Did to DH, but we, mothers are fiercely protective so mommy-mode it is. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed your music picks.

    As our youngest son creeps up on 14, and his 2 brothers are out in the world, my wife and I sometimes find ourselves dreaming back to days of babies. This time as grandparents. But......I'm happy to let it happen whenever it happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken, I'm anxious but with time, I've discovered that somedays I'm happy about holding a grand baby. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Aw, congrats on your new role! I know my mom was so excited to become a grandma - hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Five for Fighting. He just came out with a new album, and it's really good. My wife and I sing "100 Years" for karaoke.

    Congrats on the baby turning 18, and becoming a grandma. My youngest just had her 6th birthday on Saturday, and she was acting all mature. She's not a baby anymore. : (

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations--your daughter will be fortunate to have your support.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, my cake turned out pretty good! DD loved it. We had dinner together and I listen to her incessant chatter. Good time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

This is an interactive site. Dialogue is the aim here. latonya.blackandgray(at)gmail (dot)com

Popular Posts