Thursday, May 9, 2013

blueberry boy







He was blue-black, lanky and uneasy with a tight jaw and fists that flinched constantly. He was angry a lot except when he was with me. And when I was with him, I was soft and wanted.

We met after my first love left me. Caramel had given me his ultimatum so I gave him my body.  He broke my heart. Blueberry boy overwhelmed me. He consumed me. I was a little frighten how much he wanted me, but he wanted me and that's all that matters to a desperate girl. At fifteen I couldn't see destruction was the only end. Meeting blueberry boy was like eating ice cream on a hot summer day and not worrying that my thighs would get fatter.











Every Wednesday, Thom posts a  3-word prompt. This week's words: ultimatum, destruction, lanky. To participate, leave your link to your direct post here.  

4 comments:

  1. Oh to eat ice cream and not worry about my thighs...I had forgotten there used to be days like that. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading and commenting. I enjoyed your selection this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melting moments!! Accepting to compromise and the opposition melting away!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you can convey such loving feeling in so few words.

    ReplyDelete

This is an interactive site. Dialogue is the aim here. latonya.blackandgray(at)gmail (dot)com

Thank you

Thank you
I know what I think. I write to hear what you think. Let's talk about it.