Day 6: My Mission Statement

There are many ways to go about creating your own personal mission statement, but this exercise will take you through the same three-step formula that I use in my workshops.

Values + Values in Action = Personal Mission Statement

Now that you’ve identified your values and what your values look like in action, you should now take at least 30 minutes to write your personal mission statement. Take as much time as you need to reflect and write out your mission statement. It can be short-term or long-term, and should encompass your values and how you’d like to express them in your life. You don’t have to use ALL the values in your Reset 10 if you don’t want to. It may serve you best to only include your top three or you could include all 20 of the ones you came up with during your brainstorm.


The statement itself can be as short or as long as you think it needs to be, but the process and the final statement should serve to help you make different kinds of decisions about how you will live your life from now on. And remember, it will continue to change as YOU change over time, so don’t worry about it being perfect and final. This should be a work in progress, just like you!


Mission Statement

I crave connection. I value dialogue, an exchange of ideas. I value and advocate creative expression. I thrive in community. I value authenticity and personal freedom. I am driven by a desire to give. When I die, I want others to feel the world is a better place because I lived in it. I want to die knowing that I gave and served as best I knew how. I am committed to affecting change, to making the world a better place. The underpinning of my existence is driven by the question: “What good have you accomplished today?”


If you're interested in the challenge visit 31 Day Reset

Comments

Popular Posts