31 Days, A love letter to my future self


Day 3

Step 1: Write a letter to your future self

Step 2: Next, type and paste your letter into futureme.org, a site that allows you to write a letter to be emailed to yourself at a later date. Set your letter to be sent to you exactly 30 days (or more) from now!


Dear future LaTonya,

What an incredible reset you created for yourself. It wasn’t easy but anything worthwhile is worth the work it takes to make it happen. I know you were afraid. There was some baggage you’ve been carrying a long time and the hoarder you are, I know it was hard to let go. Still, you had the support and love from so many, and not the least of whom was you. You’ve learned and more importantly you acted on the belief that you can feel the fear and take action. You trusted the process. You embraced the idea that you didn’t need perfection but to be you. Just writing this letter makes me well up with love and pride.

In a little more than a month you accomplished so much. You created your blog, updated your FB page and created a new FB community, all these things you did in order to fulfill your commitment to reconnecting with others. You’re spending more time with your parents, your children, and Maude bless him, that odd and lovely duck, your partner. You opened your savings account and you’re putting money in and not taking it out. You’ve always known your job is not your life work, but now you act like it. You’re investing your time, talent and energy in your life work. Putting your finances in order means sooner than later, you’ll pursue your education again and you’ll finally put that shame you feel about not completing your degree to bed. You’ve cleaned up your diet and you’re working it out. You go, girl! Now I know you’re not the hugging type, but I’m so happy for you, I know you’d let me hug you now.

Your life is better because you’ve acted, girl; you know you don’t have to have all the answers and you know it’s okay to make mistakes because you’re a pro at getting back up. Your life is better because you’ve always been capable of creating the life you want and I love you so much for loving yourself enough to finally accept that you deserve this life you’re creating.

Congratulations on your progress. Know that I’ve always got your back.

Love,
LaTonya

Comments

  1. I wouldn't even know what to say to my future self. My past self, we'd have a very looooong talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by, D. I hope that long talk would be loving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

This is an interactive site. Dialogue is the aim here. latonya.blackandgray(at)gmail (dot)com

Popular Posts