Day 1, 31 days to reset your life


"If you’ve been following the blog, you probably know that the first exercise in my 31 Days to Reset Your Life program is to choose a personal mantra. A personal mantra is a positive phrase or affirmative statement that you say to yourself for the purpose of motivation or encouragement. This could be your favorite quote, proverb, spiritual truth or religious saying that motivates and inspires you to be your best self."

"When I use my strength in the service of my vision it makes no difference whether or not I am afraid." ~Audre Lorde

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/audrelorde386877.html#ICSYLlYoAMYMmJs1.99 

I've been collecting quotes for almost thirty years. In my 20s and at the beginning of my online life, I shared quotes mostly from books I own. I was online when discussion forums and email groups were the popular places to connect with others online. For years at work, I shared words that inspired me with friends via email. It was lovely to begin this challenge with a longtime, cherished practice of sharing inspirational quotes. Today, however, my primary audience is me. Today, I choose to inspire me.

I am a huge Lorde fan. If you don't know her work, I encourage you to explore her body of work. She is amazing. She made an indelible mark on my life.

Choose a theme song for the month, something to motivate during the month. I choose John Lee Hooker "Boom, Boom"


Love this! I have another version on my Nano. One of my favorite tunes on my workout playlist. Been rockin' to this in the gym for a couple of years and it never gets old so it seemed quite fitting for this challenge.

Comments

Popular Posts